My True Happiness


Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Babies

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since this little feller was born. They get here and before you know it, they are grown. He has been such a good baby. He just hangs out - sleeping through most of the kisses, hugs, screams, fights, etc. that go on around our house.

I have to say that I LOVE newborns. I haven't always been able to say that. They scared me to death. I think it took a couple babies before I could feel comfortable with a newborn. But now I can sit a rock for hours - looking and taking in all the wonderment of these special little things. This time it's a little bittersweet. Since he is probably my last, I have to enjoy EVERY moment. If I think about it too much, I get so sad. Knowing this could be the last time to hold my very own newborn makes me cry. To smell the newness of them, to kiss their softest cheeks, to swaddle, and to comfort. UGH - I just have to quit thinking about it! So I am enjoying :)









1 comment:

Kris said...

You are so awesome and I so totally can relate! I don't know where the last 6 months of my life has gone. What is so cool is that you are so in love with him. Doesn't take anything away from anyone else, but what an awesome feeling! Keep enjoying! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones