Guess it's my turn. Skip tagged me :)
The Rules:Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.At the end of the post the player then tags six people and posts their names then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Have fun!
1. For a long time I would unknowingly dress the girls to match. I don't mean in the exact same clothes, I mean in the same colors. No pastels with primary colors dag it! I finally realized that I did it, and tried to stop, but can't. There are some days when they don't match and it drives me crazy! They seem dirty or messy. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true.
2. I am a night owl. I wish I wasn't, but I haven't been able to turn it around. It doesn't help that I have trouble sleeping. Kyle is a morning person, and goes to bed at 9 or 10. I'm lucky if I make it by 1:00 am, and usually then I can't fall asleep. So we are on completely different time schedules. That is also my only Alone Time. I love my Alone Time, so it's been hard to try and cut it short. I can watch whatever I want (thank you TiVo), I can work on whatever I want, and I have no interruptions.
3. I can't stand it when people chomp their food, or gum. And I have been blessed with some major chompers in my family. It's like fingernails on the chalkboard, and I can't seem to break them of the habit.
4. I am an online shopaholic. It's good and bad. I can now find the super slim, adjustable waist pants for the girls (not for me :( ) the extra long ones for me, and in the right sizes. The selection is so much better, and the sales are so much better. And . . . I can do it all in my Jammie's. But I really have to have self control. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I have done almost all of the shopping for my house online. A huge selection, and it's delivered right to my house.
5. I really, really, really want to travel. Anywhere and everywhere. There is an interesting story and interesting people where ever you go.
6. I love to paint. Not the get-the-whole-wall-done roller painting, but the steady-hand-don't-get-it-on-the-ceiling-cutting-in painting. It really relaxes me.
Well, there you have it. Now who hasn't been tagged . . . Barbara, Heather, Heidi, Kris and Deneil. Come on girls, you can do it!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Guess it's my turn. Skip tagged me :)
Just when I thought I was getting out of my "Funk", I got bit. I'm starting to think that if I had a smaller butt I wouldn't get bit so much. Remember on my last post I thought I had things crossed off my list? Well . . . I did . . . and then I didn't.
I had ordered costumes for the older two because I haven't been anywhere. Not even Wal-Mart in Evanston. Those who know the valley know what I'm talking about. No mall or Target to run to. Anyway, the costumes were suppose to be here yesterday.
They didn't show up :(
I had even ordered one for me. I haven't dressed up for years, and I really wanted to this year. I found a great costume. It was Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Being the wookie that I am (hey, that gives me an idea for next year) I thought I could be pretty intimidating to those first graders in that tall, scary, black-horned costume. But it was not to be.
I called the company and my order hadn't even left the warehouse. The girls were listening intently while I was on the phone, and started bawling as soon as I said "Well, I'll just cancel the order." The poor things had their hearts set on those costumes. Tears fell for a hour while we tried to figure out what to do. We finally decided to run to Evanston as soon as Kyle got home (he got to baby sit Avire). It didn't matter that I had to go to Evanston today, they had to go last night so they could pick out their costumes.
So at 7:00 last night we headed out. Luckily they both found something that would work. They just happened to be the very last costumes in their size, but NO WORRIES! Thank goodness we found something! After I took a few hundred deep breaths, so I wouldn't go into panic mode, the evening ended up being really fun. We had a really great girls night out.
I still had to go back to Evanston today because I just realized that my drivers license had expired a month ago. Funny huh!?! Luckily I got it taken care of before I got pulled over. That might have sent me back into my "Funk".
Oh, I don't know how many of you have gotten the "Vicks" email, but I tried it, and it has worked really well on the girls. If you didn't get the email, here's the just of it:
If you have that horrible, annoying cough, spread Vicks on the bottoms of your feet, put socks on and go to bed. It said that it would quiet the cough, and help with congestion through the night.
All of my girls have had the cough and stuffiness, so I thought that it wouldn't hurt to try. IT WORKED. They might cough through the day, but they have been silent at night. They even remind me to put it on if I forget. Avrie had one really bad croupy day, and ended up waking up once that night. But that was it. When she gets that cough, we are usually up for a few nights in a row because she can't breath.
It's worth a try, and you don't have to give them that nasty cough medicine, that they are saying is so bad for them now.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
We are in search of a new Tooth Fairy. We have had to put up with a lot from the Tooth Fairies through the years, and this year is no exception. I've have had enough and have to let this one go.
We have had to deal with an obsessive-compulsive, extremely neurotic Tooth Fairy. Kenadee had to polish and clean her tooth for a week before this Tooth Fairy would take it. By the time the tooth was good enough to take, it could have been on display in the "Prettiest Teeth of All" museum in Tooth Land. Do you think that matters to a 5 year old? NO! I did hear that they had to promote that Tooth Fairy to Curator of the museum. A job she was much more suited for.
We were also a part of THE GREAT TOOTH LOSS OF 2004. The Tooth Fairy had said that there were so many teeth lost that week, that it took them almost a month to catch up. Come on Tooth Fairies, aren't you magic! Don't give me that nonsense.
We have also had our share of forgetful Tooth Fairies. I just have to shake my head. Isn't that your job? Is it really that hard to find a qualified Tooth Fairy?
Yesterday was the last straw! Ashtyn, my child with a huge fear of pain, was brave enough to let me tie a string around her loose tooth, tie the other end to the door knob, and *shaking because of the anticipation* let me slam the door shut, yanking her tooth right out. The only reason she let me do this ... "I want to get my money tonight." she said. You would think that would mean something to the Tooth Fairy. But guess what? It was too cold for her to come that night! Can you believe it ... TOO COLD! Has she never been to Antarctica or Iceland? Why are they assigning a warm weather Tooth Fairy to a cold climate? Only heartache is to come because it is cold more often then not. I do have to say that in the excitement of the door slamming, tooth jerking, blood coming craziness, the tooth got lost. We searched for an hour and came up with nothing. That should not mean it isn't a big priority to come, especially when you read the heart-felt note she wrote explaining the whole situation.
So I've had it. Tooth Fairy - YOU'RE FIRED! I'm looking for a new one.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Do you want to hear a sad story - I've never actually "fished". I've been where people are fishing, but never "fished" myself. It's not because I didn't want to, it has just never worked out. I have a funny story about my dad, but better get his OK before I tell it.
We went camping over Labor Day, and Kenadee had the chance to fish. She is so proud that she got to fish before I did. She was the only one to catch a fish too. I didn't get a picture because the slippery little thing flipped its way out of Kyle's hands before I could. While Kyle and Kenadee were fishing, Ashtyn , Avrie, and I hung out on the rocks (and in the river some too).
Monday, October 1, 2007
I have to say that I do love Halloween. All of my decorations are packed up, and lost to the storage monster. So I don't have decorating withdrawls, the blog gets decorated! Happy Halloween!