My True Happiness


Tuesday, November 6, 2007

TOUGH COOKIES

Earlier I was talking to Avrie and told her that it was time to get into the tub and then time to take a nap. She said "Avrie a get in a tub, but Avrie no nap". I said "Tough cookies. You get to take a bath, and then you get to take a nap." She then continued with "Avrie (she talks in the third person) get in a tub, and then Avrie have a cooookie." Laughing I explained, "Not a real cookie, I said TOUGH COOKIES. That means you get to do what I say anyway". I said this, thinking I had explained it fairly well. "OK" she said. "Avrie have tough cooookies." I knew it was time to throw in the towel.

Note to self: Never use any form of treat word when trying to explain something to a two year old. All they hear is blah blah blah COOKIE. Blahblahblah TOUGH COOKIES blah blah blah. She is thinking Wow, a tough cookie. I've never had one of those. Even better!!

I wonder what a tough cookie tastes like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I added you to my list as well. It was so good to see you and your house is so BEAUTIFUL!

Anne said...

Hi Jamie! Yeah I am working at a nursing home right now. I haven't passed my RN test yet. I'm trying again in January. When I pass I hope to get on at the hospital.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones