My True Happiness


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

TUBING

Throughout this horribly busy, horribly freezing winter we've had, we did make it tubing once.

Thanks to Rex and Stephanie Weston. Rex had just gotten a couple of new snow machines, and wanted to go tubing, so they were nice enough to invite us along.

After school one night, we headed out to Carter and found us a good tubing hill. One that was only fun because we had snow machines. On foot, it would not have been so fun. I know this because on the way up the very first time, Kyle dumped me halfway up the hill. So I had to hoof it the rest of the way. The snow machines were defiantly the preferred way of transportation.


Kyle just read this and said that I should have hung on.


In my defense, I was holding on to my camera with one arm, and the tube with another. Had he warned me that he was about to gun it, I would have held on tighter, but I got no warning. Just gunned and dumped!



The crew:


Rex, Brock, Stephanie, Avrie, Kyle, Kenadee and Ashtyn


Kyle


Stephanie and Brock



Avrie and I. I realized how unprepared for anything snowy I am. You think a girl from Wyoming would be set with snow gear. . . not this girl!


Ash - who was a lot braver than I thought she would be. She jumped on the tube and headed down the steep hill with no problems.


Rex with one of the new snow machines.


Kenadee - who is always a trooper even without snow pants herself. We did have some, but they have gotten lost somewhere along the winter.


It was quite a fun evening!

8 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!
Yes, I am ready for this winter to be over too, but I did love the few times I got t get out and play in it. I am with you on the non-preparedness, I had to wear everything that belongs to my parents! Including an oh-so attractive snow-machining en sable/suit!
Did you know that get made fun of and teased unmercifully for calling it "snow-machining? Apparently we are the only state that refers to it as that-it's called "sledding." No, sledding is when you get sleds and ride down the hill!!

Char said...

looks like you guys had a fun day. Was it windy? It seems like every time we were going to go tubing the wind was blowing so hard it would have not been any fun. We should have done it anyway. Crazy we move to wyoming and don't even enjoy the snow a little bit.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Your girls are brave to go down the hill...I am a chicken when it looks steep....and I am a wimp and can't stand the cold weather!

allison said...

Man, I can't imagine being able to actually have snow machine to take me back up the hill...sounds too good to be true! We were always trucking up the hill, getting sweaty beneath the 10 layers of winter clothing. Fun though!

Anne said...

That is one of my favorite things. I love tubing. So, I also get made fun of for calling it a snow machine. Kayde says snow machines are those things that blow snow out of the way (ie. a snow blower). He calls them snow mobiles and he also goes "sledding". Whatever. I like our redneck way of talking. :)

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures Jamie! That was a lot of fun. I am glad we could do it before the snow all melted. (Although I am not complaining that it has melted)! Thanks for going with us! You'll have to send me some picts.

Young family said...

Looks like a blast. I remember doing that as a kid in Morgan. Too bad my kids won't get to do that more often. Anyway, 4 kids isn't much harder than 3. Right now, we hope for more sleep, but that will come.You should go for number 4!!

Char said...

Are you still over there Jamie or did you get lost in that beautiful house of yours. I am still hibernating till it gets warmer. The sunshine is deceiving. You think it's warm then you step outside and boy is it not.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones