My True Happiness


Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Tag!

OK Skip, I guess it didn't take me as long as I thought!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping. I love, love, love to wrap presents. But there are somethings that fit better in gift bags, and sometimes I don't have time to wrap everything. Even when I was little, my mom would put our presents in boxes and I would wrap them all. I never peeked because I love surprises!

2. Real tree or artificial? I wish I could say that I love real trees, but I'm artificial all the way. You can keep them up as long as you want, and move the branches where ever you want. And when kids (Avrie) pull them over because they have become all wrapped up in the lights, there are no needles all over the floor.

3. When do you put up the tree? I usually try to get everything up Thanksgiving weekend, but it just depends on the year.

4. When do you take the tree down? I'd leave it up all year if I could. I think one year Kyle took it down all by himself because he was sick of it.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes and no. I have to be in the mood.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That's really hard because they were all great (thanks mom). If I had to pick I would have to say the ones that were a surprise. I love the surprise, but I was not easy to surprise. Usually because I was picky and my mom didn't dare get something that I didn't like or didn't fit (sorry mom). Even when she tried to surprise me, my brother usually told me because he CANNOT keep a secret!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Somewhere. I have the complete Boyd's Bear Nativity, but it's in storage.

8. Hardest person to buy for? You'd think it wouldn't be Kyle, but it is. I think he is even pickier than me. Although his dad is pretty hard too. It must be the Eyre genes.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself, seeing how I usually have to buy my own presents. I am pretty good at knowing what I want!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I have ever gotten one. Oh wait, I did buy me a pair of jeans that looked really bad.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas movie? It is hands down "The First Christmas" from Liken the Scriptures. I could listen to the angel Gabriel sing for hours and hours. It is really funny too. My girls watch it year round.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I like to have the majority done before Thanksgiving. Then I can enjoy the season and not be stressed. This year I didn't even start thinking about it until Thanksgiving and now I'm STRESSED! Can't find what I want, and there is not time left!!!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food. Although there is this apple cake with Carmel sauce that is to die for. I really like ham too. And pretty much any appetizer that is sitting around. Oh and all the yummy treats from everyone. Candy is really good. Chips and dip too. Alright ... FOOD!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. They go with everything and there is something pure about them.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. Especially by Celine Dion. Her voice and that song - pure magic!

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home - the more kids you get, the nicer it is.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph (I just copied yours Skip!)

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? How come bow is not a choice? Oh wait, it is a star this year. Usually it is a bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Like many, Jammie's Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People wanting to call it a "Winter Festival". Have your "Winter Festival" in January. Leave my Christmas alone! You are more that welcome to celebrate what ever you want, how ever you want, but so am I. And I want CHRISTmas with "CHRIST" at the center of it all!

23. What I love most about Christmas? I don't think I have enough room to name it all. Or you would get really bored reading it all. I love it all!

Now I tag - Barbara, Kim, Heather, Tina and Tiff

8 comments:

allison said...

Thanks for playing Jamie, it was kinda long huh! And I love Avrie's snowman costume, it looks so cute, I think your last-minute Wal-Mart run turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I passed on such a long tag. And some of the questions were silly, but I got tagged and didn't want to make anyone feel bad for not doing it. :) I love the snowman costume. So appropriate for Halloween in Lyman, WY.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I passed on such a long tag. And some of the questions were silly, but I got tagged and didn't want to make anyone feel bad for not doing it. :) I love the snowman costume. So appropriate for Halloween in Lyman, WY.

Anne said...

oops delete one of those and this one. Sorry.

Kim said...

As well, I love the snowman outfit! I can't tell you how many times my costumes were ruined by a set of "snow pants" or long-john peeking out from underneath! Her outfit is very appropriate!
How does 11 or 12 sound for the pictures? If it totally to hard and crazy for you, we can do it another time!! Let me know!

Anonymous said...

I love learning all these new things about you and your Christmas likes and dislikes! I am with you on loving all FOOD this time of year. I loved all the treats that my neighbors all brought around to everyone up and down our road....especially Blanche's candy! MMMMM!

Kim said...

That sounds good!! I'll just have to give Kirk plenty of warnings so that he doesn't "sleep in" on me! I'm not too picky on the location, anywhere outside! Let me know! If it's easier, call me 801-941-4965. Let me know on the prices, the details and all!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,

Sorry I never did this tag...I wasn't ignoring you....I have just felt a little ba-hum-bug-ish lately. I will do better next time if you tage me ok??


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones