My True Happiness


Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I got bit in the butt!

Just when I thought I was getting out of my "Funk", I got bit. I'm starting to think that if I had a smaller butt I wouldn't get bit so much. Remember on my last post I thought I had things crossed off my list? Well . . . I did . . . and then I didn't.


I had ordered costumes for the older two because I haven't been anywhere. Not even Wal-Mart in Evanston. Those who know the valley know what I'm talking about. No mall or Target to run to. Anyway, the costumes were suppose to be here yesterday.


They didn't show up :(


I had even ordered one for me. I haven't dressed up for years, and I really wanted to this year. I found a great costume. It was Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Being the wookie that I am (hey, that gives me an idea for next year) I thought I could be pretty intimidating to those first graders in that tall, scary, black-horned costume. But it was not to be.


I called the company and my order hadn't even left the warehouse. The girls were listening intently while I was on the phone, and started bawling as soon as I said "Well, I'll just cancel the order." The poor things had their hearts set on those costumes. Tears fell for a hour while we tried to figure out what to do. We finally decided to run to Evanston as soon as Kyle got home (he got to baby sit Avire). It didn't matter that I had to go to Evanston today, they had to go last night so they could pick out their costumes.


So at 7:00 last night we headed out. Luckily they both found something that would work. They just happened to be the very last costumes in their size, but NO WORRIES! Thank goodness we found something! After I took a few hundred deep breaths, so I wouldn't go into panic mode, the evening ended up being really fun. We had a really great girls night out.


I still had to go back to Evanston today because I just realized that my drivers license had expired a month ago. Funny huh!?! Luckily I got it taken care of before I got pulled over. That might have sent me back into my "Funk".



. . .




Oh, I don't know how many of you have gotten the "Vicks" email, but I tried it, and it has worked really well on the girls. If you didn't get the email, here's the just of it:


If you have that horrible, annoying cough, spread Vicks on the bottoms of your feet, put socks on and go to bed. It said that it would quiet the cough, and help with congestion through the night.

All of my girls have had the cough and stuffiness, so I thought that it wouldn't hurt to try. IT WORKED. They might cough through the day, but they have been silent at night. They even remind me to put it on if I forget. Avrie had one really bad croupy day, and ended up waking up once that night. But that was it. When she gets that cough, we are usually up for a few nights in a row because she can't breath.

It's worth a try, and you don't have to give them that nasty cough medicine, that they are saying is so bad for them now.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones