My True Happiness


Tuesday, October 9, 2007

WANTED: A new Tooth Fairy

We are in search of a new Tooth Fairy. We have had to put up with a lot from the Tooth Fairies through the years, and this year is no exception. I've have had enough and have to let this one go.

We have had to deal with an obsessive-compulsive, extremely neurotic Tooth Fairy. Kenadee had to polish and clean her tooth for a week before this Tooth Fairy would take it. By the time the tooth was good enough to take, it could have been on display in the "Prettiest Teeth of All" museum in Tooth Land. Do you think that matters to a 5 year old? NO! I did hear that they had to promote that Tooth Fairy to Curator of the museum. A job she was much more suited for.

We were also a part of THE GREAT TOOTH LOSS OF 2004. The Tooth Fairy had said that there were so many teeth lost that week, that it took them almost a month to catch up. Come on Tooth Fairies, aren't you magic! Don't give me that nonsense.

We have also had our share of forgetful Tooth Fairies. I just have to shake my head. Isn't that your job? Is it really that hard to find a qualified Tooth Fairy?

Yesterday was the last straw! Ashtyn, my child with a huge fear of pain, was brave enough to let me tie a string around her loose tooth, tie the other end to the door knob, and *shaking because of the anticipation* let me slam the door shut, yanking her tooth right out. The only reason she let me do this ... "I want to get my money tonight." she said. You would think that would mean something to the Tooth Fairy. But guess what? It was too cold for her to come that night! Can you believe it ... TOO COLD! Has she never been to Antarctica or Iceland? Why are they assigning a warm weather Tooth Fairy to a cold climate? Only heartache is to come because it is cold more often then not. I do have to say that in the excitement of the door slamming, tooth jerking, blood coming craziness, the tooth got lost. We searched for an hour and came up with nothing. That should not mean it isn't a big priority to come, especially when you read the heart-felt note she wrote explaining the whole situation.

So I've had it. Tooth Fairy - YOU'RE FIRED! I'm looking for a new one.

5 comments:

Young family said...

Jami- Hello back from Heather in Idaho. I am so glad your mom sent on my blog to you. She emailed me your blog address a while ago, I just havn't responed or looked at it for awhile. Your blog is so fun. I think I need a few lessons from you. But anyway, yes, you can post my blog on yours. Your girls are so darling. Anyway, this will be fun to stay in better contact with you and your family. And hey, good luck finding a new tooth fairy. I know how it goes.

Emily said...

You are so cute. I love it! If you find a good qualified fairy, send her my way.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Tooth Fairy didn't have a very good trainer. Maybe a good "crash course" from a qualified trainer would make all the difference!

Anne said...

Jamie, you are such a good writer! I loved that story. And you are beautiful! You need to post more pics of yourself.

Jordan and Barbara said...

Sure glad we have not lost any teeth around here yet. Oh wait I did, but it was already fake so I guess it does not count.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones