My True Happiness


Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bye Bye Binkie

It's official - the binkie is HISTORY! I know it is way overdue, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Sometimes it was the only way she would quit screaming.

Kyle finally went through the house and threw them all away. We had a few days of screaming at nap time and bed time, but for the most part, it hasn't been too bad.

I just hope the move to the new house is smooth, since the other move was what triggered the binkie dependency in the first place.

At least I can check that off the list. Now . . . potty training! I was waiting to get moved to start because I didn't want her to revert back.

Oh great! Avrie just came up and saw her picture. "It's Avrie with my binkie. I want my binkie! Where is my binkie? Mom, help me find my binkie." I said "Dad threw it away". Now she is going up to Kyle "GIVE IT BACK DAD!" I better go deal with the meltdown!

4 comments:

Char said...

Yea for Avrie!!!!!!! Better tell Grandma to throw them away at her house too. =l

Anonymous said...

Ya the Porters are right -- I better I hide the binkies around my house! They seem to find them! Good Luck with the potty training. If one of the 'twins' gets potty trained, I think the other will train easy. Granma Sue

allison said...

Man, you guys have got a lot of snow down there. All of our snow started melting, but now it's all iced over. The whole town is covered in a sheet of ice. It's great. Good luck with the binkie and the potty training.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish Ava would even take a binkie sometimes!! It would be so nice in the middle of the night to give her a bink so she would go back to sleep! Everyone says that it's good she doesn't take one so that I don't have to wean her off it...but there are moments I think it would be so nice!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones