My True Happiness


Tuesday, January 1, 2008

WOW! What a crazy two weeks it has been, and we didn't even have to travel! We have had something every night since Christmas Eve. We are all wiped out.

Christmas was good (I think). I say that because I had a hard time getting into it this year. And when it was over, it was over. I have never taken my tree down the day after Christmas, but this year it was gone. I couldn't stand to look at it any longer.

The girls loved it ... Santa came, grandmas' spoiled them, there were cousins galore, and treats - all kinds of treats. Avrie now says, "I don't like dinner. I like treats!"

On Christmas Eve, we got home later (way after normal bedtime), and Avrie refused to go to bed. She loves her bed, and usually dives right in. But that night she said, "I want to watch for Santa out this window. NOT my bedroom window!" Then she ran to the living room window, lifted up the blinds and said with the saddest frown, "I not see him". Ashtyn got up Christmas morning and said, "Santa I love you . . . it's like I'm in a dream!"

I wish I had some pictures to share, but Santa did not bring my digital camera. I must have been on the naughty list :) But I didn't get a lump of coal either, so does that mean I wasn't naughty?

All in all we had a great Holiday. We got to spend lots of time with family and friends, played tons of games, and ate way too much. Oh yeah - and froze our butts off. It has been sooooooo cold. I was hoping the landscape wouldn't take the "Arctic Tundra" look quite so early. But it hit, it hit quick, and it hasn't left.

Now onto 2008. That is so crazy! In two years it will be 2010. Aren't we suppose to have flying cars by then?

All I can do is hope 2008 is filled with great adventures. Ones my kids will always remember. And sometimes, that only takes a trip to the yard to play catch, or lying in bed giggling with them, or spending the afternoon painting fingernails. Just as long as it is time spent with them!

6 comments:

allison said...

It sounds like you have had an eventful holiday season! I had so many intentions of doing projects, reading good books, etc. while I have a break from school, but it hasn't happened yet! Oh well.

Kim said...

I really like the slide show. There are some really cute pictures of your little family! Hope you enjoy the New Year....and get into that house soon!! :)

Emily said...

We really should have partied with you over the holiday. Although it sounds like you were booked solid. Next time we come to Lyman we'll come and visit you in your new house!

Tiffany said...

Hey Jamie! I am just catching up on everything I have been missing. Sounds like you were as busy as we were......so glad it is over!

Anonymous said...

Yeah your new slideshow is so cute! Sounds like you ended up having a great Christmas! I can't believe it's 2008 either!! I was looking back at everything that happened in 2007 and it was an exciting year....I wonder what this year will bring?

Anne said...

Hey Jamie. I didn't get what I wanted this year I think because Santa was too poor. But I'm sure you weren't naughty. You really are one of the best people out there. :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones