My True Happiness


Friday, September 7, 2007

Ashtyn (Tinkerbell)


I realize I've talked mostly about Avrie, so here are a few stories on the other two.
I have pictures of Ashtyn that are so much better than this one, but for some reason this one cracks me up. When she was little my friend Kris told me that she reminded her of Tinkerbell. It fits her to a tee. She doesn't walk any where. She flits, or dances, or twirls, or runs. She is a tiny little thing too - Energy abounding from every cell of her body. If anyone could fly based on the energy they put out, it would be her. The reason the picture cracks me up is because no matter how girly or glittery she is, she can still make such a mess. She cannot eat a thing without getting it all over.

The other thing that makes her daddy proud ... she can burp her ABC's. I have really wanted to put her in a talent show. I could dress her up to the hilt - frilly dress, curly hair, etc. As she walks out on stage, I'm sure everyone would be expecting something beautiful to come out of this thing, then she would start burping her ABC'S. I don't think I could ever get her to do it though.

Her claim to fame in the Eyre family is that she was the first grandchild that could stand on her head. John always wanted a grandchild that could do that. No help, no walls, nothing. Now the others have tried to beat her. She has contests with Wade(he's 13) to see who can stay up the longest. She wins by a mile.

She can also come up with the funniest things sometimes. She knew Avrie was going to be a girl before we did. She was drawing picture of "Flower". That was what she called her at the time. I said "Ashtyn, it could be a boy. What should we name it if it's a boy?" She crinkled up her nose, got a disgusted look on her face and said "GARBAGE"! I guess it's a good thing we got Flower instead of Garbage.

To stay up with her I have to be pretty quick-witted. Doesn't always happen, but one day it did. It was later one night, we'd been running around from this and that. I just wanted them to get out of the car quickly. That never happens, and Ashtyn was being particularly slow. She was blocking the other two from getting out, and she wouldn't move. I told her she had better get out. She looked at me and said "I am the Princess, and I only get out when I want to". I had a moment of clarity and said "Well I am the Queen, and the Queen is telling the Princess to get out of the car now!". She looked at me and knew she was beaten. She said "humph" and jumped out of the car. Score one for the Queen!

She can be stubborn, very precise, and I'll be darned if she is going to let anyone else tell her what to do. Good and bad, we love her to death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashtyn, I love "Tinkerbell". I need a 1/4 of your energy though. I'm amazed how agile you are & how much balance you have. Keep practicing on your tumbling - you'll be really good. I was telling a friend today about you knowing you were having a little sister before the rest of us did. That was pretty amazing!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones