My True Happiness


Thursday, September 6, 2007

Motherhood

We went camping over the weekend. It was so nice to get away for a few days. But I was sitting with the girls one day, and this overwhelming sadness came over me. I looked at these beautiful, sweet, amazing spirits and was hit with this huge sadness. They were sent to me to nurture, to teach, to love, and to care for. They are already smarter, sweeter, kinder and more loving than I am. How am I not going to ruin their lives? I feel so bad that they have to have me as a mother. There are so many women out there that do a much better job than I do. I try, but I can't say I do my best every single day. Some days I fail. I can only hope and pray that they survive me. That is probably one of their biggest tests in this life. If you think about it, would you mind praying for my kids too! They need all the help they can get.

Oh, and Barbara is now blogging. If you know her, I'm sure she would love to hear from you.

6 comments:

Emily said...

You need to STOP, right now. You don't give yourself near enough credit. Heck, you birthed the little darlins'. That in and of itself is an accomplishment.

Emily said...

Sorry, was that too harsh? Really though, I think we women tend to be too hard on ourselves. I know for a fact you do many things amazingly well. Take for instance how your girls always look perfect...like they just stepped out of a salon...

Emily said...

Jeesh, I got so carried away I forgot to tell you about my washer and dryer. I have the same old washer I've always had, and my dryer is an antique. Literraly it looks vingtage, like it might be coming back into style soon. They haven't died yet so I'm still ok. I'm no help with picking brand new ones.

Anne said...

Jamie I don't know you very well, but you are seriously someone that I think "I wish I could be as cute, organized, crafty, fun, hardworking as she is."

Anonymous said...

Ok, Girlie, you are so much better than that comment! (Although I do know EXACTLY how you feel) You are a great mom and are such a blessing to your family. They would be lost without you. I read an article the other day that said something to the effect of "The Lord didn't say 'go out and succeed', He said 'go and have faith." You are an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

Ah-h-h motherhood - most of it is learning about yourself & hoping that you don't scar your children too much in the process. The main thing is let them know that you LOVE them & that you're not perfect & you're learning too. Your Grandma Craig told my mom that she hoped her children saw what she did wrong & tried to do better when they raised their kids. So now it's your turn & your feeling what each of us has felt. You just keep working on it & don't give up.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones