My True Happiness


Thursday, September 13, 2007

Avriepunzel

Yep, more Avrie stories. I do apologize, but my life these days are filled only with conversations of a 2 year old. I try and get the older two to talk when they get home, but I usually get the "How was school? Good." or the "What did you do? I forgot." comments. I try to find joy in my life, so as you can tell, my expectations aren't super high.

A lot of my day is spent trying to decipher the language of a two year old. She is talking really well, but will sometimes slip into babble. I have yet to figure out what "a fussy wa wa" means. That one has me stumped.

Anyway, the other day we did have a breakthrough. She came running up to me with her towel in hand. She threw the towel at me and said "Avriepunzel!" I handed her the towel back and said "OK". That's my usual comment when I have no idea what she is talking about, and I'm trying to get something done. She threw the towel back at me and said, a lot louder, "AVRIEPUNZEL!!" "AVRIEPUNZEL!!" I looked at her and knew she wasn't going away until I figured it out. So I began to put all of the clues together.

1. Why is she giving me a towel? She's already had her bath and her code for that is "splash, splash".
2. The towel isn't a normal towel, it's one of hers that has a hood.
3. Avriepunzel. Let me break that down - Avrie . . . punzel.
4. Towel with hood... that she puts on her head...that seems like long hair...that is just like RAPUNZEL'S!

"OH!" I said. "You want hair like Rapunzel's". "Yes" she said, "Avrie Punzel". I looked at the towel and the hood was smashed in so she couldn't get it on herself. I fixed the hood, stuck it on her head, and she ran down the hall(with the towelhair blowing in the wind) giggling and saying, "Avrie Punzel, Avrie Punzel!"

Yeah, I had a little laugh. Like I said, I'll take joy however I can get it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm home & reading the updates & I love it. I love how smart they are & them trying to figure out how to make us understand them. I'm glad that you are sharing the special moments with us.

Jordan and Barbara said...

I have not been on for a while, but got an itch today to update. Of course its okay to put me on your list. Your pictures are so cute and I love to read what you have to say. I will be better about updating, but I am still learning how to use it.

Anne said...

I love stories like these. Little girls are so sweet.

Emily said...

I just love two year olds. Have I mentioned that before? And your other two girls, man just cute kids you have.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones