My True Happiness


Sunday, September 16, 2007

Confession

I have a confession to make. Are you ready? OK...I'M A HUGE NASCAR FAN!!! Ya, I know, take a minute to gasp. I love it, I love it, I love it. Kyle is not a big sports fan. Football, basketball, is not watched a lot in our house. If it is watched, I'm the one watching it. I had heard of Nascar before, but couldn't figure out what the big deal was. They say it's the fastest growing sport?!!? Are you kidding!!? All they do is drive in a circle. How exciting can that be?

So a couple of years ago we decided to watch a race and see what all the hype was about. The race just happened to be in Talladega. I have to say after that one race, I was hooked. Kyle even liked it. There is so much more to it than I ever imagined. So much team work, strategy, amazing driving, and luck. I did help that "The Big One" (the huge crash) was crazy amazing.

I love that they say a prayer, sing the National Anthem, and have jets fly over before every race. I've heard there is nothing like going to a race. Each week, each race is usually sold out. We're not talking a sell out of 50,000. We are talking about sell outs of 160,000 to 200,000 each week. It's CRAZY! I think I'm a little more crazy about it than Kyle. If I had to pick on major sports event to go to it would probably be a Nascar race. Although if I had a chance to go to the Tennis US Open, it would rank right up there with a race.

Who do I like? My Chevy man has to be Jeff Gordan or Jimmy Johnson. They are both soooooo good. My Ford man - #99, Office Depot, Carl Edwards. He is so grateful for each and every race he gets to run. The back flip after he wins, is just a plus. Dodge man? The cutest ever Kasey Kahne. He is doing horribly this year, but he's so cute I can't help but like him.

It's been so fun to watch these last few years. It's something that Kyle and I watch and enjoy together, and he would actually go to a race with me. SOMEDAY!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I had no idea Jamie. All I can say is follow your dreams girl. Someday you'll be at a nascar race.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones