My True Happiness


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Books

It's been a few days since I could write. I was a little preoccupied. My Friend had brought over all three of Stephenie Meyer's books a week ago. They had been sitting there calling to me. After a week, I gave in. Sunday night I had a little extra time, so I was going to sit down and read a few chapters. Well, a few chapters turned into a few more, and a few more, and at 5:30 Monday morning I finished the first book. Can I just say "WOW"!! It was breathtaking. If your husband, boyfriend, whatever is not as romantic or passionate as you would like, you should not read this book. You could end up pretty mad at him. If you still want to read a great love story, the kind that stir up old feelings, you have to read it.

Needless to say, I had to start the second one. I did get a couple hours of sleep before I started. My problem is, when I love a book, I can't put it down. I have to finish. They also affect my mood for that day. I wish I could separate it, but I can't. It's like when I have a bad dream, there is a dark cloud over me the next day. Anyway, book two. It really made me mad. I won't spoil it, but the reason I had to keep reading was because it had to change the direction it was going at some point. The whole story could not end up WRONG! In the end it ended up OK, but I was still so frustrated.

Tuesday night I had to start book three. It would have been sooner, but the insulators were coming to the house on Wednesday, and we had a lot we had to get done. By this time, all of my other duties were piling up too. Kyle was giving me the "scowl". He doesn't understand at all. I had to finish. Book three was not as bad as book two, but still sometimes WRONG! When I finally finished, I felt WEIRD. I don't know how else to describe it. I still can't figure out exactly why I feel that way or what exactly it is I am feeling. I was relieved to see there will be another book in that series. She could not have left it the way she did. I can't quit thinking about it. In the end, they were still amazing because they affected me, and I guess that is the sign of a great book.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Jamie! I read the first two books and coudln't put them down, but now I've been reading the last one for almost 2 weeks. I can't quite get into it. But I've got to finish. But yeah, the first one was SO good! I'm glad you enjoyed them.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones