My True Happiness


Monday, August 20, 2007

Florida

We have been lucky enough to get to go to Florida twice. These are some pictures of when we went in June 2006. I have 12 years of pictures to post, so I'll try and spread them out. We have stayed at the Amelia Island Plantation both times. When we went in 2003, it was the first time I had ever been to the beach. I fell in love at first sight. The girls did too. Usually whenever we ask them where they want to take a little vacation they say "Florida". They don't yet understand the concept of "little". I do hope we can make it back sometime. It holds a special place in my heart. Call me crazy, but I like to think that I was on the "Florida Planning Committee" up in heaven. On this trip, Kyle and Avrie stayed home. His idea of fun is not a week at the beach. We loved every minute of it. Our favorite drink at the Plantation ... Oreo Smoothies. I've tried to make them here, but they just don't taste the same.


These I took one night after dinner. I was so glad I had my camera on hand.



They were content to play in the sand all day.





Besides beautiful beaches, they had 3 fabulous pools.

















3 comments:

Anne said...

Jamie-sorry to bust in on your blog like this, but it's too tempting to look when Emily adds new friends. I just wanted to tell you that your girls are SO cute and you are amazing with the camera!
Anne (Em's lil sis) :)

Emily said...

Oh, and while we are commenting, can we go to Florida with you next time?? Kyle doesn't go? Do you go alone with the girls? Well, maybe I could just invite myself and my sister. Ha.

Anne said...

Of course I remember the Rent-a-Flick days. I wasn't sure that you would cause I was only there for a few months. But that babysitting deal still stands! :) So I added you as a friend on my page. Is that ok?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones