My True Happiness


Thursday, August 23, 2007

Silly Baby!


I have to laugh at Avrie. She is such a touchy-feely baby. Emily, your story about Olivia and the red cape reminded me of this. I had to post it, or I would forget about it.
My other girls have liked their blankies, or binkies, or dolls. Avrie loves it all, and in the weirdest ways. Every time I put lotion on her, I have to squeeze some in between her toes. Even when I am in a huge hurry, she screams if I don't do it (yes I know, she screams and gets what she wants).
Then when she goes to bed, she has to have a corner of her blanket in her hand. She takes it and in a circular motion, rubs her eyes ... then her nose...and last her ears. Now it can't be just any corner of her blanket, it has to be the corner where she has pulled apart the stitching. There is a little piece of thread sticking up where she has made a hole in the binding. She can stick her finger in that hole, and start tickling her face.
As far as smells go, she has to smell everything I put on her. She will take the bottle of lotion, take a long whiff, and let out an eyes closed "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh". I do hope as she gets older, she sticks to sniffing lotion and not anything else!
And then there's the "MIA". One night as I was putting her to bed she was screaming "Mia! Mia!" She usually goes to bed really well, so I was a little disheveled. She kept crying and pointing. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she wanted. I had to finally get her out of the crib so she could get it herself. She immediately ran over to the binkie that was laying on the floor in the corner. She picked it up, put it in her mouth (no, I didn't wash it off. She's baby #3), and said with a giggle "Mia". She then went straight to bed without another peep.
Oh, by the way, I have the answer to my laundry question. I need to quit blogging and get some laundry done!!!! I also can't wait to have a storage room in the new house. I'm not excited for a couch or bed (ok, maybe a little), I am so excited to have a storage room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how unique each child is!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey you, this is your favorite cousin (okay one of your favorites). I'm glad your Mom shared your blog link. It is great, and I think your girls are darling!! Love, Lynette


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones