My True Happiness


Sunday, August 19, 2007

HAPPY DAY


Avrie, our two year old, already has great comedic timing. One day Kenadee was having a pretty cranky day. I was trying to be the good mom, and help her realize that her attitude makes a lot of difference in how her day can be. She tends to be a lot like me and doesn't want anyone telling her how to feel. My attempts to help her feel better were fading fast. I finally said "Today isn't a sad day, it's a happy day. Even if we feel sad, we have to try and make it a happy day." She just looked at me, rolled her eyes, and buried her face in her arms. Just then Avrie (who we didn't know could really talk at the time) leaned over to Kenadee, cocked her head and said - with a happy nod "Happy Day!" No one in their right mind could resist that cute little voice putting them in their place. Needless to say, Kenadee busted up laughing, and it ended up being a happy day. It still works. When ever anyone is sad, we remind them about the day Avrie told Kenadee to have a happy day. It always makes us laugh. Thanks goodnes for babies.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Avrie is a beauty, and what a sweet thing to say. And your previous post, I was hanging on every word thinking that you were going to explain the trials. But what a beautiful strong person you are...wow. Oh, and I forgot to tell you that you can link me up to your site.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones