My True Happiness


Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Road Less Traveled

Not very long into my adult life, I came to a fork in the road. Deciding which path to take would affect me for eternity. This was not a decision that I wanted to make at this point in my life, but for some reason I had to. One road was pretty much like the road I had been on, the other veered off almost perpendicular to the road I was on. After a lot of soul searching, I decided that I need to take the road less traveled. So, holding my breath, I took a huge leap of faith and stepped onto the foreign road. I had faith, that because I was doing what I was suppose to, I would be blessed. I just didn' t realize at the time that being "blessed" meant being blessed with some of the hardest experiences I would have to go through. The road I chose has tested me to the breaking point. I wish I could say that I conquered those dark and scary parts of the road with a single leap, standing tall and proud, untouched by the obstacle. But most of the time I barely made it through. I usually emerged one hand in front of the other, crawling on my stomach with tear stained cheeks, wounded severely by the battle. I had been ashamed for a long time that I could not conquer my problems with a single bound. I now realize that through the times that I nearly failed, that is when I had to dig the deepest. I had to really search for the fight in me, and realize that I still believed. I know there are still many dark and scary parts to come on this journey, I just hope that I can now look at them a little differently. I now know I have been blessed with the knowledge that I am never alone, and that I can never give up. I know that sometimes there are things that we have to go through. I know that it is not easy for those in heaven to sit back and let us suffer. Sometimes we have to suffer, to realize how strong we are and how strong our faith is.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones