My True Happiness


Thursday, August 30, 2007

School

School finally started on Tuesday. We were all so ready. I'd had friends with older kids that would keep saying that they couldn't wait until school started. I never really understood what they meant until this year. By the first of August, summer was wearing off. They whined about everything, didn't want to do anything, were never satisfied, and were hungry ALL THE TIME. I got to the point that if I had to wash another full load of plastic plates, cups, etc. after just one meal,I was going to scream. OK, I think I did scream a few times anyway. I always remember the electricity in the air just before school started. It was so exciting. The air would turn a little cooler, and I was just ready for the change. I do miss that, and I think that I why I have never really cried when I have had to send them. I am too excited for them to cry. There are times I wish it was me.
But OH, how time flies. Kenadee started 4th, yes 4th grade. Ashtyn is in 1st. It seemed like Kenadee would never start school, then when she did, the years have flown by. I have friends with kids in High School. They were the size of mine just yesterday. CRAZY!! Now I really do sound old. UGH! And was I the good mom and got tons of pictures? Nope, no film :( I guess now I'll just have to get "A few days after the first day of school" pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones